Here's a picture of my Nutella Puppy Chow
Like I said, it looks a bit like dog food...hence the name but, wait until you taste it. You can't stop eating it. Yummy deilish and pretty easy to make.
Nutella Puppy Chow Recipe ( my adapted version)
• 1/2 cup butter
• 1 cup Nutella
• 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips (use semi-sweet)
• 2 cups Pecans
• 12 oz box of RiceChex
• 3 -4 cups powdered sugar
• In a 350 degree preheated oven, roast pecans until fragrant and light brown, about 10 minutes. Let them cool and then grind finely in a food processor.
• Put the cereal in a large bowl
• On a pan over medium-low heat, melt butter and chocolate chips stirring constantly - I use a double boiler so I don't scorch the chocolate
• When all is melted, remove from heat and add Nutella and stir until mixed in, then add pecans and stir well.
• Slowly pour over cereal and stir with your hands! It’s much easier than with a spoon.
• Add about half the mixture to a gallon sized plastic ziploc bag, add the about 1 cup of powdered sugar and shake. you can always add more powdered sugar. You want it to coated to the point of it being light brown.
After it's all coated, I put the mixture on a cookie sheet for about 20 mins to let it cool more. The put it in a bowl and serve. It won't last long!