Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 2 with Nutella

If you are like me, morning should begin with sunrise.  However, I usually get up at 6 and it's still dark. UGH.... 
Enough about the dark mornings.......
 
Today is a Nutella waffle sandwich!   How easy is that.  Two Eggos in the microwave and spread a heaping tablespoon of nutella on the waffle...make a sandwich and off you go.  It's portable and yummy...especially with a cup of coffee.

I decided that I had better start finding some recipes on Nutella, so I went out to foodnetwork.com.  Do you realize that there are 37 recipes for Nutella out there!  Wow.  More interesting is the fact that over half of them are from Giada DeLaurentiis.  She has her own show called "Everyday Italian." 

Anyway, she is obviously a huge Nutella lover!  One of her recipes is a Nutella Gellato Cooler...I read the recipe and it was very "Martha Stewart."  By that I mean it was too complex and had too many ingredients that you have to go buy and only use half of them and throw the rest out....get the picture.  I am all about making it easy....so tomorrow, I will attempt the "express Nutella cooler."  Whether it's good or bad, I'll let you know!

1 comment:

  1. I have actually made one of Giada's recipes that uses Nutella--"Mascarpone Cheesecake with Almond Crust". It is very good. Definitely worth the effort!

    Carolyn R.

    ReplyDelete